When possible, we suggest conducting a brief walkthrough before your filming date to select your exact production location(s) at BCRI. This selection will determine the times of availability for your project – particularly for teams that will film in our historic galleries.
Our exhibits are open to the public from 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday. Typically, we avoid producing projects that might interfere with our guests’ experience during those times.
There are costs associated with filming requests. These fees allow us to continue in our mission to preserve and tell the Birmingham Civil Rights Story.
- Groups Tours (25 adults or more) – $10.00/person
- Group Tours (less than 25 individuals) – $15.00/person
- Historian Tour Guide – $50.00
- Historian Facilitated Debrief – $25.00
- Filming Requests 1hr. – $500.00
- Filming Requests 1-4 hrs. – $1000.00
- Filming Requests 5-8 hrs. – $2,000.00
- Filming Requests After 8 hrs. are an additional $350.00 per hour
- Security fee – $50/hr. (for access from 7am-8am and any time after 5:30pm)
If your request aligns with our mission here at BCRI, we will do our best to accommodate you.
Birmingham Civil Rights Institute
520 16th St N,
Birmingham, AL 35203
Tour & Gift Store Hours
Sunday & Monday: Closed
Tuesday to Saturday: 10am - 3pm CST
Note: Last admission at 2:00 pm.